Subscribe to DCPVL’s Email List to receive updates
Spring 2019 Open Play – Tuesday Nights
Register & Pay
to secure your spot for 4/16 Open Play
DCPVL’s Open Play is intended for all skill levels, and particularly beneficial for beginners who want to build up their skills, as it includes a skills clinic. Each week, teams are formed on the spot with players present, and you only attend the weeks you want, which is great for folks with busy or unpredictable schedules.
We also offer a Competitive League with various skill levels, where players are drafted on a team, and play with the same teammates all season.
Anyone on the DCPVL Email List is welcome to join! Each week there is a cap of 48 players, on a first paid basis. The cost to play is $10. Spots are only guaranteed once registration is complete and payment is made.
- Registration is managed through LeagueApps.
- You will need to create a profile the first time you register with DCPVL’s LeagueApps registration tool.
- In advance of each Open Play, we will send an email to individuals on the DCPVL Email List. This email will contain a unique link to sign up for the following Open Play.
- It is encouraged that you prepay ($10) online, once you received the link.
- You must register and pay; spots are only guaranteed once payment is processed.
- If you registered and paid online last minute, be prepared to show your confirmation email on your smartphone.
Schedule & Skills Clinic Agenda (7:00-8:00PM)
- March 19
- Passing (Basics)
- March 26
- Passing (Serve Receive)
- April 2
- Serving & Serve Receive
- April 9
- Setting & Overhand Passing
- April 16
- April 23
- April 30
- May 7
Open Play (8:00-10:00PM)
Register & Pay
to confirm your spot in Open Play (48 person cap)
- Raymond A. DuFour Athletic Center (Catholic University of America)
- 600 Taylor St NE, Washington, DC [MAP]
- Nearest Metro: 13 minute walk from Brookland-CUA station (red line)
- Parking: free parking lot next to the facility
- Up to 6 teams of 8 players each are formed randomly, using the “ribbons” method, a DC volleyball institution! New teams are formed at the halfway point so that everyone has lots of time to meet and play with new people.
- An incomplete team can pick up player(s) from teams sitting off; the “fill-in” player must return to their team once their team is back on court.
- Each team will play two consecutive games (win or lose), except for the first game where only the winner will remain on court, OR
- A predetermined play schedule will be assigned
Click HERE for Open Play FAQs.